Tasty Recipes allows you and your readers to scale your recipes up—the scaling is done automatically by our super-smart scaling algorithm, so there’s no extra work needed on your end to make the recipes scale appropriately.
That said, we know that there are tons of ways to write out different ingredients, so you may find that some ingredients don't scale as expected. If you run into this, you can resolve the issue by making small tweaks to the ingredient!
Below are a few examples of patterns to look out for:
- Instead of: fresh herbs to taste (I used a whole sprig of rosemary, thyme, and a bay leaf)
- Use: fresh herbs to taste (I used 1 sprig of rosemary, thyme, and a bay leaf)
- Instead of: pinch of salt, pinch of cinnamon
- Use: a pinch of salt, a pinch of cinnamon - separated into their own lines
- Instead of: salt to taste
- Use: 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Instead of: (2) 24 ounce jars Italian tomato sauce
- Use: 2 24-ounce jars Italian tomato sauce
- Instead of: 1 cup (8 oz) water
- Use: 1 cup water (8 oz)